Popular Posts

Monday, August 8, 2011

MICHAEL, KENNETH AND ANNE - OH MY!

In one day I leave for Tangers Outlet where I will embark on my last shopping spree for the school year. I am nervous - not about getting to the airport on time or losing my luggage ( I can always by more), but about not shopping again after September 1, 2011. It is beginning to sink in that I won't resume shopping until after June 25, 2012. This is not all shopping, but personal retail shopping for me.

The luggage is light, much to Ted's surprise. Usually I pack enough to last three weeks, despite the duration of my stay anywhere. This time I have to consider purchases, which, I do know Ted is thinking won't occur since we are not driving. See, we do think alike - I need room to get my new purchases home!

I am going into this journey with an open mind. It will be like Lent all year long! Yeah, that is not really helping. In order to succeed, I need to remain focused on why I chose this journey - Ted has no idea. Between texting, tweeting, FB, Blogging, surfing, Online shopping and the antiquated emailing, I feel a connection to the here and now is actually being lost not gained. I just want to experience life a bit differently. So why shopping?

I go shopping all the time; it is on my To Do lists every week! Seriously? I need to remind myself to go shopping? NO, I need to make sure that with everything else that needs to be done, I leave a chunk of the day open to shop. I am not very good shopping with others; I used to embark upon the girl's sprees when I was young, but now that I am older, I enjoy the hunt and kill solo. Get in, get out. Done. The hours I have lost to purchasing - driving there, hunting items down, searching for more, driving elsewhere - could be better spent just living. It is even more than that; do I need more of anything? NO, I can't think of any material thang I need that will make my life more fulfilled.

And that is this journey - a more fulfilled life, not a more filled life.


No comments:

Post a Comment