Popular Posts

Thursday, December 24, 2015

FOUR YEARS AFTER GIVING UP SHOPPING!

It has been quite a while since I was here...writing and sharing about NOT SHOPPING!

I just read through some of my posts, and I am so grateful I gave up shopping because of all the experiences I could afford!

I AM NO LONGER A SHOPAHOLIC!   As a matter of fact, I hate shopping now.  Yesterday, I had to go to plaza I knew would be crazy busy due to the Christmas season.  I could not deal with the cars, the people, the people, the cars!  GET ME OUT OF HERE!  And I was only there to get my husband's favorite take out meal... chicken parm and garlic knots....

Yes... MK and I still have a very close relationship, but we do not see each other every weekend or even every month.  Now, we savor our relationship with two or three get to togethers a year .... when we enjoy the time...carefully...and not frantically...   I now get a kick out of picking up my dry cleaning.... mama does NOT  do wash or iron.... and ooo and aww at the clothes I already own!  Ironically, in 2013 and 2014, I donated over $3000 to the Salvation Army, which did not include 14 pairs of shoes and 9 MK and Coach handbags.  Yup. Clutter.

So what are the benefits over these two years?  Two Caribbean cruises, weeks at the ocean, trips to NYC, and two 15 day trips to Italy with my husband!  All paid for ... with cash... because I quit shopping every week.  My closet is still full.  My outfits are still complimented.  But my bank account is now.... well.... doing better than I thought!  I paid for a kitchen renovation...CASH. And, of course, I paid cash for Finnegan Daly... our newest King Charles Cavalier!

We have another cruise coming up and another 17 trip to Italy planned and cash ready to pay for when we arrive. HINT - THE EURO CHANGES SO MUCH...DO NOT PRE PAY FOR HOTELS, CARS, EXTRAS.

Santa Ted asked for my Wish list.  I told him I do not want anything, but time with him - something we don't often get to have with our jobs.  Okay... I did ask for a case of my favorite wine.

  Life is too short to collect items that will only piss off the person who is the executor of our will - but our memories of all our trips, outings, events...well, we were just marveling about the sunset we experienced in San Rocco, Italy  as we sat outside a grotto that was turned into a bar on a hiking trail overlooking the Ligure .. and this memory led to the funcular we took to a church above Rapallo...which led to Como, Bergamo, Montecatini, and of course, my bucket list The Bernini Express to St. Moritz. And that is just three days of one trip.  Italy... is my love... sorry, MK... yes, you, MK will always be with me in many ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment