Popular Posts

Friday, August 26, 2011

HURRICANE SHMURRICANE!

I live in the middle of New York, sixty miles from NYC and I can't wrap my mind around this hurricane warning - at all.  As a matter of fact, I plan to run my five miles tomorrow morning and walk the dogs before snuggling up to my Kindle! 

What I am noting is that all the clothes and purses and shoes and THINGS will not be what a grab if I do need to leave.  I won't be upset if the house is flooded and all my belongings go down with the ship.  I am definitely on this journey for a reason and it makes sense.  I don't need a new anything.  I have 15 pair of black pants.  I could wear the same pair to work everyday and simply say they are different. 

My real no shopping start5s Sept 1 and no, it is not a never buy anything again!  It is personal shopping - cloths, purses, shoes, perfume, stuff!  I know what I want in my life and change in actions must occur.  NO, we are not broke.  Actually, Ted and I have never fought over money - ever!  We have never fought over my purchases.  He convinced me when we married never to have credit card debt, so I pay cash for everything.  It sucks, actually in that moment, but later on, I am glad there is no balance, no "I can't do that cuz we don't have the money."  I pay cash for everything - even the renovation of our bathroom!

My favorite things in life are relationships. And of course, my relationships with designers!  But with this warning upon us, I won't save any of them - not first.  So can not shopping remind me of life's real purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment