Popular Posts

Monday, September 19, 2011

FINDING NEW IN THE OLD

Yesterday, while I was looking for something to wear, I discovered a pair of Privos, a pair of brown boots, and a pair of brown shoes all still in the boxes tucked deep in the back of my closet.  I can honestly say I have no idea when I bought them or why I bought them.  I have two pair of Privos that I love.  Did I buy them simply because they are Privos?  I have three pair of brown boots - too bad they were not black since that is what I am telling myself I NEED. I also have  eight pairs of brown heels. Why did I buy these shoes?

Since the purpose of this journey was well planned, I am amazed that these buys had no purpose or reason attached to them.  I simply must have wanted them whenever I bought them.  This journey has already connected me to the here and now, the emotions I am feeling, and the difference between necessity and desire.  I actually felt guilty and embarrassed as I took  the Privos out of the box.  I don't need them - at all.  The boots are cute, but I have a pair I love.  The brown shoes are just another pair of brown shoes. Lesson learned.

1 comment: