Popular Posts

Monday, September 26, 2011

Bank Account Growing

I have never worn my earnings or have been house poor.  Ted and I  - well, Ted taught me, I should say - do not use a credit card for anything we can't pay for when the bill arrives.  I did that in my younger days.  I worked one summer school session to pay the card off.  I have learned to be wise with my money.  We pay cash for our trips, our home improvements and if Ted had his way, our cars.

I just received my first paycheck from work.  I paid three bills - the cable, the phone, and my car insurance.  I went to the grocer today - a whole other story.  That is it.  My bank account is growing.  As a teacher, I don't get the BIG CHECK AT THE END OF THE YEAR.  I actually save all that money all year long.  So, unlike many who would not know how much they saved by NOT SHOPPING FOR ONE YEAR, I will.  This year, I hope to have thousands more than I usually save.  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. good luck, by the way what does I have never worn my earrings mean anyway.ha ha i mean earnings

    ReplyDelete
  2. first, thank you! It is similar to being "house broke," when a couple buys a house to above their comfort level, they have no money to have a vacation, eat out, etc...

    Although I shopped every weekend - yes, every weekend - I never overspent so that we could not eat out, go on vacation see a play. I see people who have such big chunks of their salary on their backs - they buy expensive stuff, but can't afford to buy a house because they don't have money for the mortgage. A person I know can't eat out because they don't have any "extra" money since her charge cards are to the max due to her shopping designer duds.

    ReplyDelete