Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

STILL HAVE TOO MUCH

Last night I discovered two sweaters - one light grey and the other light pink - in my closet.  I vaguely remember buying them at the The Gap last June and actually bragging about the bargain price.

Today, I gave away the two sweaters I have never worn to a colleague.   I won't miss them - I did not even know I owned them.  I never wear any hue of pink - ever. They were too big for me.  I must have been in that "mindless buying state of mind."

I hesitated only once about sending a message to a colleague to inquire if she wanted them.  I quickly stuck to my resolve to rid myself  of them and she was grateful for the new sweaters.

I am Jonzin' to shop, no doubt about it.  I have been to Target a few times for dog food and cereal - great prices, by the way.  I look at the clothes and continue on my way.  My friend and a dynamite fashionista had on new boots last week and I was in awe.  I actually heard the Angels singing when my eyes made contact with them!  It was heaven on earth.  I hope she wears them a lot this year!  She felt bad telling me she just bought them, along with a new Loubutin purse.

No one should feel bad about shopping.  I am just going to save money this year and wear my clothes more often-  Minus two sweaters I did not know I owned.

2 comments:

  1. I bought bird seed and doggie cookies today! Does that count as shopping? Last time I bought anything new was from QVC (May 2011). Joan Rivers' had a cute jacket for sale. Leopard print. I wore it for the first time on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete