Popular Posts

Saturday, September 17, 2011

IT IS BETTER TO GIVE THAN RECEIVE -UMMM.... NO

I am not a fan of this sentiment at all.  No, I am not stingy with giving; as a matter of fact, I am quite generous and even down right thoughtful with all the gifts I give.

With Christmas right around the corner -  according to displays in stores - I already have my list and checked it twice, but this year the monetary tally will be sufficiently lower since I will not be picking THINGS UP FOR ME. My Christmas shopping is always completed by Halloween. My presents are wrapped by Thanksgiving and mailed by December 10th. I hate crowds and hate even more not finding a good parking place. 

I always hit the list first to make sure that I have not left anyone out by error.  Then the fun begins;  I circle round each store again, tossing in items just for me.  "This is cute," "This is so me." and "OMG! I have to have that" are favorite utterances that come bellowing out of me, often to a tune of a Christmas Carol.  "It's the most Wonderful Time of the Year" truly rang true to me!

I would rush home to show Ted all the THINGS I bought - as if he cared.  I would try my boots on for him, coats, dresses, pants, and then declare I am now done shopping for Christmas.   All the while I would be belting out Christmas tunes!

This year, I will still have my shopping done by Halloween, my packages and presents will be wrapped by Thanksgiving, and I will meet the deadline to get them shipped out by December 10th.  Hmm... doesn't seem to be so joyous right now.  I probably will still belt out the tunes.  I know.... something will be missing.

The BIG TEST is just around the corner when I have to purchase the gifts for giving and NOT RECEIVING.  It is really gonna suck.  I really like IT IS BETTER TO GIVE TO ME than to simply give. There is the hope that Ted, who hates to shop, will just give me a gift certificate to shop! That won't be cheating since it is a gift for me by him!

No comments:

Post a Comment