Popular Posts

Sunday, June 17, 2012

THE END IS IN SIGHT!

WOW!  I DID IT!

On June 23, 2012, I went ten months without any personal shopping! Six days to the end!  I knew I could do it, but I can't believe that I did not miss shopping.

I did use two Michael Kors gift cards and still have two left that total $200.  I have a DSW gift card for $250.

Looking back at this experience taught me that boredom is a state of mind and shopping filled that void.  I learned to value the money I make, not just spend it because I can.  I purchased appliances for the house and a much needed new chair.  I paid cash for a cruise, a trip to Italy, a trip to South Carolina, a vacation at Chautauqua Institution, an unexpected really expensive vet bill, four Broadway plays, two weekends in NYC, and finally, for Father's Day, I put $1,000 into Ted's personal checking account. I read seven books and painted two rooms.  I walked the dogs more than I have in the past.  Ted and I spent days together not just nights.  I did not clean more - I will leave that to Ted.

I had planned to purchase a new car this Spring, but since SAAB went out of business, I found it difficult to get rid of a great car.  Then I saw the value piling up of not incurring debt from a car loan.  I decided to drive this car into the ground.

I realized early into this experience that I simply hate doing wash and ironing.  I prefer to wear new.  Wow, that is stupid!  Dah.... dry clean everything!  I began shopping through my dry cleaning and discovering a whole "newly discovered" wardrobe.  I found clothes and shoes I forgot I had;  sorry Cole Haan and Adrienne.

I have a few items to buy for Italy.  I was at Target getting Riley Wilson's meds and killed some time.  Two skirts and three shirts.  Thanks to Jessica and Alexis, I did get some new-to-you items! Again, the old me would be buyng all knew.  But I found that I have most of what I need for the trip.

My total savings, minus all the items listed above is $4, 790.  Note - if Riley had not needed surgery, we would not have found his heart condition until a much later date so that 1,300 was worth it.  And the thousand to Ted is just love.

So now my goal is to come close to two thousand views.  Come on, revisit if you have to!  Six days!  woot!

The first item I will purchase????  UNDERWEAR AND THEN A NEW WALLET.  Word to the wise - never buy a pastel Coach wallet that is not leather.  Every time I pull that damn wallet out I am embarrassed at how dirty it looks.

For all your support, I thank you!  And HAPPY SHOPPING!


No comments:

Post a Comment