Popular Posts

Thursday, May 3, 2012

CAN I HAVE THAT?!

since I have only two more months to go for a Year of No Personal Shopping - as in school year - I decided to simply ask people if I can have the clothes they are wearing.

First, I told Alexis C. that I really loved her shirt.  She was all smiles since she really does have great taste.  Then I proceeded with "I want that."  she laughed - she always enjoys my warped humor.  Then I demanded, "No, you really have to give me that shirt."  " I think it is a large" in which I replied, "I don't care about size."  Laughing, Alexis found the site to only find an extra small.  Sweat, I thought.... now she has to give me that shirt.  The bell rang and no shirt was left. Bummer.

The next day during lunch we were all talking about the usual - everything has no significance- when I honed in on Addie's sweater - Orange, blood orange!  I aptly interrupted her conversation and said, "I like your sweater.  Can I have it?"  She laughed.  Actually, looking back, she pulled it a bit closer to her body.... hmmm... did Alexis tell her my new no shopping strategy? Shoot!  Rachel just looked at me like I was mad - that is another blog, Rach!

The following day, Alexis came in with some real convo material in which I interrupted her mid sentence and delcared I wanted her dress.  Chelle looked at me with the Chelle look - eyes bigger than her entire body - and then I waited... Alexis agreed I could have her dress!  Actually, i one long word she said"YESYOUCANHAVETHISDRESSIWILLWASHITANDGIVEITTOYOU!"  hmm.. was that just to shut me up and stop me from begging for her clothes so she could tell chelle what she wanted to say?  Time will tell.

I think it is getting around.  Jess gave me two pair of shoes - unfortunately, only one pair fit, but I love them.  I have not spoken to Jess in a few days.... hmmm.... Even my students are running back to my room to grab a forgottn sweater or coat.

For those who think I would take the clothes of my friends' back, it is not cheating nor is it real... I just really liked their clothes and it never hurts to ask!

By the way, when in high school, a friend gave me back all my clothes she had borrowed for my birthday present!  The best part was that I did not realize it until the last shirt was unwrapped - I actually liked that one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment