Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION

I don't make New Year's resolutions - I am the type that declares "Screw that..." and does what she wants.  I know what I should choose - get back to the gym and quit smoking - oooh - I said it - smoking!  I need to do that - again - in my time!

I had a choice for Christmas from Ted - usual gift certificates, tires for my car, or simply add money to my gift for my student and his family who are homeless.  I chose tires and more on the gift certificate to my student.  Ted never expected me to choose one!

I made it threw Christmas - shopping for others, seeing my boyz, and not buying for me.  The hardest part was the day after Christmas - the SALES.  OMG - THEY WERE GREAT.  Coach offered 20% at Macys, the GAP had 50% off all sale items.  MK, Cole Haan, and Av had great sales.

I bought nothing.  I had to buy dog food and Starbucks coffee, which I get on sale at Target.  With nothing else to do, I browsed the stores.  I needed no help - just looking.  I found some serious sales on MK and Coach shoes and boots at Macys, which I actually detest.  I looked and saw nothing.  I did not have gift card, so buying was not an option.

I then cruised 20 minutes to Woodbury Commons - not to add insult to injury, but to really see if I was "fixed".  I went to my usual  haunts - MK, AV, Kate, KC, and Joe Jeans.  Nothing... jumped out at me.  Nothing said "BUY ME!"

I turn 50 on January 16th and I want new appliances and some new furniture.  The best part is that I can get them.  We are moving forward with more renovations, so I feel like my goal of selling is closer, if we decide to sell in five years. With all our renovations, we have paid cash - I always flipped at the thought of saving and then using our money, but now I am glad.  Ted is pragmatic, I am instant gratification!  He has taught me to be a good consumer with cash.  Now I am a practical consumer...of nothing for me!

So, what are your resolutions?  What did you get for Christmas?  Please share - it is not rubbing it in!  I really love to hear what great buys you all got!!!!  And do not forget the resolutions!  Can you quit shopping for you for four months?











No comments:

Post a Comment